Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 114

It was very chilly today when I went to see my ortho. He walked into the room and said, "I'm going to have to admit you." Ha! He's hilarious... So, he did NOT, in fact, admit me. Hallelujah! Apparently the third time is the charm!! However, he looked at my incision and said it looked pretty good. We will have to now do dressing changes EVERY day. He also had X-rays taken of my elbow (which might have arthritis in it already... Yay) and said he will send those to his colleague. So I have another appointment in about 2 weeks to see him. Until then, the brace stays ON. Ugh.

My new therapy place called and set up evaluations for Wednesday and next Monday. I'm excited to start outpatient therapy!! Mostly because I feel like I'm actually doing something when I do therapy.

Mom and I spent the day together after the doctor. We ate lunch and looked for a stool at a couple of places. We're looking for a stool like a doctors' so I can easily maneuver the bathroom. It turns out that a walker is not even likely to fit. Next, we went to the courthouse and got my new placards for preferential parking! I probably won't use them forever, but as long as I'm in a wheelchair I'll need them. I saw a church friend there that I hadn't seen in a while.

When everyone got home (first time in a loooooong time!), mom and dad went to pick up our new to us furniture! I like this chair better. Ha! When they got that all settled, we watched some shows and ate dinner. Then some family friends stopped by with a little present for me. Once they left, we finished our tv watching and went to bed. Now I'm off to Lala Land!!

And that's life...


No comments:

Post a Comment