Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 91

Day 18: Today I am thankful for the Internet and my electronics.

Yep. Thinking too much always gets me into trouble. When you're alone all day and not distracted, you have too much time to think...

So I survived another hyperbaric chamber treatment today. Apparently I'll have to endure another 10. Great. Just what I wanted, 10 more sessions in the oxygen tank.

Today was fairly uneventful. I slept a lot, watched a movie, and watched some True Blood. I did spend all day with one or both parents! 

I have a nurse who was just starting out when I got here. Now she gets to work on her own and have her own patients. She's really nice and we relate quite well. It's so interesting to see her "grown up". I feel like I helped her in some regard because I was there when she first started out here. I feel like a proud mama. Ha!

There are really no changes. My plastics doctor gets back tomorrow and I bet he won't come see me until Monday if at all. My ortho came and talked to me for a while today. I think he feels bad that I'm stuck here waiting, waiting, waiting. I wonder what these doctors do for holidays? Thanksgiving is coming up; I wonder how they will spend it. I'll be here of course, but I feel like I should get them a plate or something.

So I think I've figured out my problem with the girl who hit me. I need to know if it was a true accident so I can let it go. I mean. I would let it go if she was texting or goofing off, but I think I just need to know; either way, I'm a control freak. I also want to write her and tell her what she's done. I don't think that will accomplish anything, though. Ugh. I just want to let it go, but I'm so mad that I'm stuck in the hospital. That someone has to touch my foot multiple times a day because it's soooo sensitive. That my shoulders always hurt. That tape pulls my skin off. That my bones are broken. That I can't take a shower. That I spend 95% of my day in a bed. That I can't put up my own hair. Pick one!! I have thousands more. I just can't believe my life has landed here, even momentarily. I guess we never see it coming.

And that's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment