Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Monday and Tuesday

I was going to write last night, but was reading and it got late before I finished- so sorry!

Yesterday I read most of the day. I'm part a book club, or was in my former life, and this month we are meeting at a sushi place; so I HAD to read the book so I can go!! We read The Girl With the Pearl Earring. I really liked it! I can't tell you all of my opinions because people from Book Club read this and then I'll have nothing talk about, except sushi, on Saturday. Haha! I would recommend it, though.

Last night I got together with two of my very best friends from college (I can say that now). We went to Chuy's for dinner and drinks- yum!! We caught up and reminisced and talked about how different our lives were just one year ago- one wasn't married, one was pregnant and about to pop, and I was about to graduate and had no idea what was in store for me. It's just amazing how one thing can truly change your whole life. It can even come down to a single minute or second or choice, but last a lifetime. I can't believe how different my life is now. I'm happy I still have a life and friends that are so awesome and supportive!! I love these girls! Enjoy our crazy pictures... Hahahahaha!

I got some goodies in the mail yesterday!! I'm so excited about them!

Today I ate sushi and drank some protein- ew. I'm back to drinking Boost and Silk with some Carnation Instant Breakfast so I can get enough protein to heal. It is key, ya know. However, my stomach and head have been "blah" all day. I hope I'm not getting sick- ain't nobody got time fo dat! Ugh!

I want to PT today and ROCKED it!! I lifted weights while sitting on the ball- like above my head. So proud!! I used a 5-lb weight for my left hand which is great. I even stretched the Thera-band better than I did last time. I think since I'm 100% cleared I'm not scared to use this arm anymore!! Yay! Boxing here I come! I also did some standing and the "walker" exercises- squats, heel raises, and hip lifts. I sat on the ball to do heel and toe raises- talk about hard!! Go core go!

Tomorrow is wound care- I'll let you know how it goes!

And that's life...








No comments:

Post a Comment