Tuesday, June 10, 2014

50 pounds down!!

I'VE LOST 50 POUNDS!!!! Woohoo!! I've finally hit my first BIG goal!!!

It's been awhile since I've written because there wasn't too much to report, except now I've lost 50 pounds. Yesterday I had to drag out my old clothes because my current ones are literally falling off of me. Not really shirts, yet, but pants for sure.

I feel better and more energized. I feel empowered and more content. I don't quite feel like I'm a changed woman or anything, but I feel the slow process of change.

I uploaded pictures the other day of my "change". On my phone, where I took and put the pics together, I could barely see a change. I almost didn't post them. However, I feel like since I'm 2 months post op and promised to share everything, I uploaded them. On my computer I can see a bigger change, but I still wish I could more readily (other than my clothes) see the results.

I guess I should repost the pics I'm talking about in case you missed them...


50 pounds on an average person is a LOT and you can easily see where they've lost weight. 50 pounds of me isn't really that much in the scheme of things and can't be as easily seen. I swear people are excited to see me, then do, and want to ask how I've lost the weight I have and still look "fat". Haha!

It's a process (I literally could not hate these words anymore than I already do). I didn't gain the weight over night and I won't lose it over night either (hate this saying, too). Sad, but true fact.

Surprisingly the water is getting harder to drink. I think I actually prefer cold water now to room temperature. I have gotten some 0 calorie Vitamin Water and Sobe Water to sneak in 20 ounces of yummier water each day.

In other areas of my life, I'll be going on 2 mission trips this summer. I'm trying to up my steps and activity levels. It's hard because my leg still isn't fitting as well as I'd like. We are working to perfect my third socket, so it's taking longer than it did last time. I'm still doing yoga about once a week, which I am learning to love. I feel more limber and flexible; I sit with my legs crossed or one leg under me which I haven't done since before the wreck. All of my scars are fading and I'm applying different lotions and oils to keep my skin elastic and fade the scars.

I have learned that I can eat anything in super small quantities. It's hard for me to hit 1000 calories a day (the "old" me still can't believe this). I still chew everything really well and wait to drink for at least 30 minutes before or after eating. I haven't thrown up at all, which is close to a miracle. I get my protein in with 2 shakes a day in between meals. They aren't as bad because I only have to drink 2 a day. I also don't want to lose my hair so I keep my protein intake high.

And that's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment