Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My Life in Numbers

Countless bruises, stitches, and scars
28 surgeries or procedures
92 pounds lost 
9 months of no walking
7 units of blood
6 months of physical therapy
3 external fixators
3 ICU visits
3 prosthetic sockets 
2 feet
2 rehab stays
2 wheelchairs
1 amputation

I have come farther than I ever thought I could. I have come farther than I ever thought I would. I am inspired in life by the small things. I  enjoy my life to its fullest extent. Although the last couple of years have been pretty tragic, I am beyond blessed.

This is my first blog post. No, I don't read my posts after I post them because they make me sad and, usually, I cry.  

I have THE most amazing friends!!
Here are some pics you might have missed. 
Comparing different days of wearing the same outfit. 
I fit in my senior prom dress!! And the costume I used it for. 

Yesterday was my 2 year ampuversary and today is my (about) 8 month check up. I've lost 92 pounds!! Woohoo! The doctor said I'm pretty much perfect (she really did). I spent yesterday tutoring and hanging out with one of my besties and her family. We had dinner, I chased around her 2 year old, we watched a movie, and I did the stairs like 3 times; nothing holds me back!! Today I went to the movies with another best friend and we ate pizza. I have gotten to do so much cool stuff and I owe it to all the crazy changes in my life.

While I will always wish I didn't have to lose my leg, I am equally grateful it gave me the push I needed to get my life back on track. I am a better me and the best parts of my personality shine brighter than they ever have. I love my life and am happy to say I am content. Please don't read this as I'm done losing weight, because I'm not! However, I am immensely happy. 
Progress pics.

And that's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment