Saturday, April 4, 2015

One Year and Counting

It has officially been one year since I've had my gastric sleeve. My surgiversary passed on April 1, which happened to be a really stressful day. However, I am finally getting a chance to write about everything that's happened in the last year.

I have officially lost 111 pounds!! I'm not done losing weight, but I feel incredible. I'm not thrilled with the lack of elasticity my skin has, but I love that I can fit into jeans that are 5 sizes smaller, shirts that are about 5 to 6 sizes smaller, I'm getting a new tiny leg, I can walk for an hour on the treadmill, I get about 10,000 steps every day, I have energy, and I am successful in everything that I do.

For those of you who may not know, I recently accepted my first teaching job. The teacher's place I took got promoted to an assistant principal, and I inherited her class. This year is hard, but I really love teaching! I can also stand and do all the walking involved with being a teacher. Teaching is no easy feat, but with my new found energy I know I can give it my all!

I still track my food and water intake every day. I have a streak of 389 days on MyFitnessPal. I have the Fitbit Charge HR to track my steps, sleep, and water. I seriously think these two things have been the most important tools to my success, other than my doctor taking 3/4 of my stomach out. I try to be honest when I eat and track my food. I think having that accountability is really helping me continue to lose weight.

Here are some random, fun pictures. Please ignore my messy room, but please enjoy these hilarious pictures! 

These are the pants from my first picture! I can squeeze into one side of them. 
111 pounds GONE!!!
Working those jeans!
My face is so different! 
One of my more awesome days!

And that's life...


No comments:

Post a Comment