Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Healthy Shopping

I went "healthy" shopping this past weekend. I started at Sam's, because we were already going there, and boy is healthy shopping HARD!!! Ugh. Everything has too much of something. It was also not cheap. I was NOT impressed with spending so much money to be healthy. 

We also went protein shopping. Another sad experience. I have guidelines to follow and a LOT of the "healthy" proteins do not have enough protein, have too many carbs, and have too many calories. Interesting that they can market a "breakfast" drink as a meal when it has 8 grams of protein. I ended up getting a few to try- I like the Muscle Milk the most right now. It's quick and easy; no mixing. 

I'm working on cutting my portions down and eating more fruits and veggies. I already drink like a ridiculous amount of water (no soda) and am working on walking as much as possible. 

Medical update: I got in the pool with my leg to work on some strengthening and balance. It was fun!! I'm am trying to wear my brace 3 times a day for 30 minutes each. That's not exactly working, but I'm doing it AT LEAST once a day, which is more than I was! I can already see and feel a difference!!! Yay! I'm taking my wheelchair fewer and fewer places, but I still need it for "long" distances. I'm still loving working with my youth (who constantly push me to be better) and am going to a conference in a few weeks. My PT is thinking about dismissing me from services- because I'm awesome- unless I get an ankle. I started playing Guild Wars 2 with my dad and am loving it!! Like we need more things to bond over... Haha! I'm still learning a new normal every day. I'm starting to figure out what I can do and how to quickly put on my leg, what feels ok, how to fix things, and all the things I can still do. I can't complain about my life, I'm still happy I have one. I can't believe it's been almost a year since my accident and how far I've truly come. I selfishly like people that haven't seen me in a long time see me walk or climb stairs. Haha! 

Enjoy some random pictures!! 










No comments:

Post a Comment