Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Girls Night!

So Monday was girls night. After a 45 minute PT session where we basically stretched and strengthened my arm the whole time, I was ready for it. I climbed a flight of stairs to get to my friends' second floor apartment. They were outside cheering for me; it was awesome! I felt like a celebrity. Haha! I had Dad bring up my wheelchair, but I didn't even use it!! Yay! 

I spent a few hours with two of my best friends from college. I have missed these girls like crazy and was reminded of old times. It was so fun! Also, one of the girls has the most beautiful baby and we got to see her hamming it up while we snacked. She's so smart! 

Tuesday I made cupcakes for my therapist. Her birthday was this past weekend and I wanted her to have a special treat. They were yummy! I had to try one to make sure they were good... Doesn't everyone do that? 

We tried some new arm exercises at PT and did a little bit of walking and balancing. I had 2 therapists help me today so they could bounce ideas off one another and make me even more awesome than I already am. I am so thankful for them! 

Dad and I watched Chopped for a bit before I went to bed. 

I got asked to give my story during mission trip- which is coming up in 2 weeks. Initially I was scared! I've never given a sermon before. I went to school to be a teacher (at God's insistence) and became a youth director for the same reason. I never really thought I would have to give my story to a group of people. However, I talked to a few people- Dad included- and they all assured me I could do this. So I will be. I've noticed that in the past I've been more of a "passive Christian"; I let the world pass me by without really actively letting God work through me. It probably goes back to that whole "control freak" thing. Why do I have to have that trait?! Anyways, I also realized that I need to ACTIVELY pursue a life where God is my focus. I guess I'll start by NOT sitting on the sidelines and give my story. This should be interesting... Updates to come. 

And that's life... 




No comments:

Post a Comment