Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Weekdays

Monday I slept in for most of the day. When I got up, I went to PT and we got our Monday night pizza from Papa Murphy's. As always, it was delish!! At PT, I did some new leg exercises and balancing. It was very strenuous! 

When we got home, we watched some shows and went to bed way too late to have to get up so early the next day...

Tuesday I gave the STAAR test. I apparently thought this would be a good idea when I signed up to give it the week before mission trip. Dumb plan. I spent 4+ hours watching kids take tests. Ugh!! Gag me. For those of you who don't know, people giving our great states' achievement test can only actively monitor students; no books, electronics, lesson plans, etc. Most. Epically. Boring. Thing. EVER. So boring, in fact, that I signed up for TWO days!!! What is wrong with me?! 

After school we all went to see the family doctor- for different reasons. Next, Mom and I went to have dinner with my grandma!! I walked into the doctor's office and restaurant. We went to Mamma Mia's and I got something different. It was, of course, scrumptious! I had so much fun, too!! We sat outside- I know- after dinner and watched people while we continued chatting. It was lovely! 

Wednesday I gave the test again. Again, it was brutal. I wish whoever made those rules would try to do that! So dull. 

Mom took me to PT after the test and we did some arm stuff like push ups, lat pulls, my version of dips, and triceps push downs. I asked how to jump, and my therapist taught me!! Not that I jump a lot, but now I know how! 

We headed to my grandma (different one) and grandpa's when we were done. And... I went swimming!!! I did not use my leg, although that was an option. I sat down and slid in and stood up and sat in my chair after. It was pretty awesome! It felt super weird because I couldn't use my legs to keep me afloat and balanced. Plus, my leg just didn't know what to do being so weightless in the water. Yay! We had some Mama's Pizza for dinner and homemade buttermilk pie for dessert- yummy!!! 

I am walking a WHOLE lot more. However, I still use my chair if I will be out a long time and if I don't know if there will be a place to sit and rest when I get tired. I have come a LOOOOOOONG way from August. I really couldn't have done it without my God, my parents, my family, my friends, and my supporters (not necessarily in that order). Thank you all again for all of the wonderful support, love, and prayers you have poured out on me. 

Update on the black marks on my prosthetic foot- nothing I have tried ha worked. I will have to get them buffed out and NEVER wear just shoes on my foot again. Jeez! Where was that warning?! 

And that's life... 


1 comment:

  1. Never a dull moment, is it? Unless, of course, you are giving a STAAR test, in which case the dull moments stretch into this mountainous ball of boring-ness that is so dreadful you may or may not have the fleeting urge to stab your eyes out.

    ReplyDelete