Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saturday and Sunday

The Movie: We watched Moneyball. It was alright, but verrrrryyyy sloooowwwww... I felt like we were never going to get to the end. Ha! It was a story about the general manager of the 2001 Athletic A's. Like I said, it was alright, but not like amazing or anything. I think it based on a true story, though.

Saturday: I got up and ate a bowl of delicious cereal! It was half peanut butter Cheerios and half Cocoa Puffs- tasted like Reese's Puffs! I tried some new protein and did NOT like it. Ew. A friend stopped by to give me some wound care supplies. We also changed my dressing which is WAY less red than Wednesday. Yay! After we talked for a while, she left.

Dad and I left for Home Depot and roamed around the store for a bit. We got some new flowers for the front planter and a pot of flowers for Mom. I'm excited to plant them! My sister called while we were out and said she was at the house. So we headed back home.

We talked with my sister and her boyfriend. Then we decided we were hungry and went to dinner at Chili's. Dad and I split a steak after we inhaled a couple of baskets of chips. When we got back home, we watched some sillyness on YouTube, and then they left. It was a good visit with lots of laughter!!

When Mom got done with work, we went to WalMart. My friend had given me a coupon for $3 off games and a circular that advertises the game for $3.99. Yep. I got 2 games for $0.99 each!! Woohoo! I convinced her to go to a second WalMart and, although we didn't find anymore games, I found like 7 new shirts! Woot!! They are SO summer colors. We also saw one of my friends there! I haven't seen her in forever, and it was so nice to see her.

Sunday: I got up and got ready for church. I got see my silly youth children and talked to a few people after the service.

After church we got some water (5 gallon bottles) and then headed home. We watched The Dark Knight Rises which I thought was great!! I noticed that at the end of the action packed and twist ending movie, they made it so a sequel could be made... Typical. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing!

Next I went to Youth and we went through the (newly revised) Sunrise Service for next week. I think we're ready!! The kids did such a good job and I can't wait to see it! After we practiced, we played some games. We had fun fun fun. It was very enjoyable!

When Mom took me home, she sent Dad and I to HEB (yaaaaaay!!) to get scallops for dinner. Yum! She also made some quinoa (said keen-wa) that we have seen on the Food Network and wanted to try. It has a kind of bland-ish flavor. It might be better in a party or something... She made crab cakes and bacon-wrapped scallops to go with the quinoa. Overall, dinner was scrum-dittly-umptious!! We watched some Worse Cooks in America then went to bed.

And that's life...













No comments:

Post a Comment