Sunday, March 31, 2013

Friday, Saturday, and Easter Sunday!

So I was debating about telling you all this, but I promised the good, the bad, AND the ugly. So here it is: when we ran out of gas on Thursday, I was upset. Duh. We were one exit away from our exit and in a median of highway and an entrance ramp; cars were passing us on both sides. However, Mom got out of the car and I couldn't see her which freaked me out. I started thinking about how if she got hit I wouldn't be able to do anything and couldn't help her. Or that the car would get hit and I or she would be hurt. I started to hyperventilate a little bit and began crying and begged her to get in the car. It was not pretty. We got picked up and I was ok after that. It was an adventure because I had to transfer, ON THE HIGHWAY, in my wheelchair. Haha! My life...

Friday we got up and went to run some errands. My leg was swollen, so I couldn't wear my leg. I need to figure out a name for it... Dad took me to look at cars. I didn't buy one, but I think I know what I want- which is good! Then we ate some lunch at Fridays. We split a steak. Yum!! Next we went to HEB to get some last minute Easter stuff. It was a pretty good day! I did have a touch of a headache for a good chunk of the day. Boo!

When we got home, we ate dinner and watched some shows. I baked some cupcakes and in less than half the time they were burned... I think something is wrong with our oven.

Saturday I went and watched my Youth set up the Easter egg hunt at our church. They laid the eggs out and then helped run it. I sat in the car because I couldn't get down in the mud. It was a gorgeous day for the hunt!

After that, Mom had to get some more last minute Easter stuff we forgot. Then we went to her school so she could help someone with some work. I called Dad to come get me and he did.

I went home and made MORE cupcakes, and then decorated them. They are SO cute! Check out the pics.

Sister called and wanted me to come hang out with her, so Dad let me take his car and go see her. I gave her the adorable workout shirt I ordered for her and two other little things I found that I thought she'd like. We decided to go eat at the local food park. We ate from 4 of the 6 trucks!! Ha! I had a delicious burger from Gourmet Bites, she got scrumptious tacos from Salsa Limon, we got beignets (French donuts) from Cajun Tailgators, and cupcakes from Red Jett Sweets! It was a fantastically amazing meal. We ate at the park outside. Yum!!! I got a peanut butter cupcake and a bacon and maple cupcake. Interesting, right? I thought it was pretty unique and good! The bacon was salty and evened out the maple sweetness. Delish!

We decided that we would go to a movie next. We saw G.I. Joe Retaliation. I thought it was good!! I'm a little bias, though, because I love love LOVE The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and Channing Tatum... Drool. Plus, they were in uniform. Could I ask for more?! Haha! Ok, enough. It was a good movie even though the plot and villains were a little confusing to us. After the movie, I dropped Sister off and headed home.

When I got home I helped Mom finish her Deviled egg chicks. They are precious!! We did such a good job! More pics. I also learned that my chick cupcakes had melted a little bit because of the humidity... I definitely shed some serious tears for that.

I finally headed to bed about 1... Ugh!

Sunday morning I got up at the crack of way too early (5am) to watch my Youth perform the Sunrise Service that they have worked so hard on. They did such an amazing job!! I am so proud of them. After the service we headed over to the building to eat some breakfast. It was so good! I gave out eggs to my Youth and hid the leftover ones in their room!! Hehe! Next, we went to the church proper and had a beautiful service. I didn't wear my leg to church because I wanted to wear it to the family Easter later; I did wear the leg to see my family.

We went home, took a nap- 5am came waaaaay too early. We went to my Aunt's house to have our Easter meal and show off our cute culinary skills. It was fun to see the kids (cousins) with the excitement of the day and hunting eggs. Plus, it was one of my cousin's birthday today!! It was so nice to see everyone and enjoy the most delicious meal I've had in a while!! We had sausage, Deviled eggs, chips and salsa, ribs, brisket, ham, potato salad, green bean casserole, beans, cornbread, asparagus (shout out to Little Elm Farm- yum!!), Black Forest cake, brownies, and chick cupcakes. Oh. Em. Gee. Delish!! My aunt, uncle, 2 cousins, other aunt, other cousin, Mom, Dad, Sister (and boyfriend), grandparents, grandma, and uncle's dad were all there. Talk about a full house and a full heart! It was lovely!!

When we got home I... You guessed it! Took a nap! Haha! I was soooooo tired! Then I got up to watch some of the Ranger game!! Woot! I'm going to read some and then go to bed. What a great end to Holy Week and a fabulous three day weekend!!

He is risen indeed!

And that's life...


























No comments:

Post a Comment