Sunday, April 7, 2013

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

Friday I woke up and dropped Dad off at school. I was sooooo sore from Thursday's therapy. Ugh! I drove myself to therapy, unloaded myself out of the car, and did AMAZING in PT!! I am impressed. Ha! I did lots of standing stuff and balance things. She had me do this new thing where I touch the top of a cone in front of me while standing on one leg. I also played zoom ball, which is a football on two strings and you pull them apart to make it go to the other person. It was fun!!

After therapy, my prosthetist came and brought me my leg!! She had me stand in the parallel bars and adjusted everything. Yay yay yay!! I am now the PROUD owner of a zebra and glitter leg! Woohoo!

Next, I went back to Dad's school. I hung out in his classroom and all the kids asked questions and saw my leg. They seemed pretty excited... He also showed it off to all of the staff! Haha! He is so proud!! I stood up for his principal and office staff. I wore my leg for about 5 hours total.

I have figured out that I don't really like being the center of attention. Now, with my crazy friends that doesn't bother me as much. When other people make me the center of attention, though, I blush and am a little uncomfortable. It's not too bad, I just don't know what to do with myself. Haha!

We ran some errands after school. We went to Walmart, the pharmacy, and Braums. Yum! When we got home, we watched a movie then headed to bed. I was exhausted!!

Saturday I got up and got ready. Dad and I went to Home Depot and I bought some flowers and a planter! I'm so excited about it!! Ha! Next, we met Mom for lunch. That was delicious! Dad and I split fajitas. We headed home after that.

Then I went to go see my seester! We hung out until it was time to meet my BFF for dinner at a different food park. It was soooo good! Although, we will probably go earlier next time because people were closing and selling out. We tried all new trucks this time! We ate at Gastro Bomber, Fred's, and Red Jett Sweets-duh. The park was NOT wheelchair friendly. When we got there, two men had to help us get over the rocks onto more solid ground (can you say uncomfortable?!). We hung out and talked for quite a while. I had forgotten the pin to my liner, so Mom brought that to me. However, I couldn't even get my silly leg on!! Stumpy McGee was swollen again...

Then we went to a bar and talked until we were ready to go somewhere else. Mom went home, so the three of us that were left went to Sister's apartment and continued talking about everything. When it started getting late, I went home.

This morning I woke up and realized I slept through church. I turned my alarm off last week for Sunrise Service and forgot to turn it back on... Ugh! I got ready and headed to Youth.

Tonight was game night. All the kids brought snacks and I brought drinks. We played some games and had a chill night. It was really enjoyable! I wore my leg so my kids could see it! A friend of mine brought me some left over Easter candy she had and I gave it to my youth. They loved it!! Mom stayed for part of Youth, and then came back and got me later. We went home and started watching some shows- the ones Dad doesn't watch because Dad was golfing today. During one of the shows, I hear an ice cream truck... I think maybe that's part of the show, but I pause it to check. It wasn't! A real ice cream truck came down our street and Mom got us ice cream!! Haha!

When Dad got home, we watched the Rangers game, ate dinner, and went to bed.

And that's life...
















No comments:

Post a Comment