Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Monday and Tuesday

Monday- I got up and went to see my ortho. He said my leg looks fabulous!!! I'll take credit for that since I'm the one doing the healing... Haha! I go back next Monday and he could possibly clear me to walk!!!! Yay! PTL!!!

Actual conversation:
Ortho: How does it feel when you take steps?
Me (trying not to look guilty): What do you mean? I haven't taken any steps.
Ortho: Yeah... So how does it feel?
Me: Well it doesn't hurt. That's good, right?

He knows me too well...

After the ortho, I went to Mom's work with her. I got all signed up to be a sub (just waiting on one reference letter) and read while she worked. Then we went to lunch at Applebee's. It was pretty good!

After lunch, Mom took me to PT. I worked on standing and toe taps. I can do the toe taps better when I do the right (amputated leg) then the left in quick succession. I think it's because I don't have time to think or psych myself out. Hmmmmm...

We got Papa Murphy's for dinner. It's apparently half price on Mondays with a school ID badge. I got the vegetarian, so I eat more veggies, and we got some cookie dough and a s'mores pizza for dessert!! I, of course, couldn't wait to get home to eat some cookie dough! Mom ran into Walmart and I ate some cookie dough while I waited. Haha!

Mom: You can get salmonella from raw cookie dough.

Me: I love salmonella! It's a great way to lose 10 pounds!! Haha!

We went home, ate, and watched some TV. I showered and went to bed exhausted!

Tuesday a friend came and got me and we went to the Magnolia Cheese Co. for lunch with two other ladies. It was just as good this time!! We also tried a chèvre cheesecake, which is made out of goat cheese and had candied sage on top! So scrumptious!!

Next, we went to Central Market (which is a bigger and fancier version of HEB, so you know I was excited!). I got a few things like cous cous, a peanut trail mix for Dad, some Love Dip for Mom, some fried green bean chip things, and some "orphaned cheese". I did fairly well! It's soooooo easy to overspend there...

When I got home I took a quick nap then headed to PT with Dad. I worked on shifting my weight to my right leg. It's still so hard!! Like I start over every time. Ugh! It's so frustrating. It will take time to trust my right leg I guess.

I met some friends, a baby, and Sister for dinner at Hibachi. It was so fun and yummy!!! We had a great time catching up and reminiscing. I enjoyed myself! Our waitress was less than awesome, but the actual hibachi guy was amazing!

When I got home Dad and I watched the Rangers game. I read some, then went to bed!! I am so tired.

And that's life...

P.S. The last picture is what the "magic pixie dust" looks like. I have to sprinkle on my leg on Wednesday and Friday (if there's any left). Just thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment