Sunday, April 28, 2013

Friday-Sunday

I spent another exciting day in lockdown. So far I've read 3 books. I'll call that productive!

After my 8 hour read-a-thon, Mom and I went home and made dinner. Dad grilled us some hamburgers and we made some quinoa, kale, and chickpea salad (http://blog.naturebox.com/post/46506488385/quinoa-kale-chickpea-salad). It was actually pretty good, but could've used a little more seasoning.

We decided to go see a movie after that. We went to see The Croods. It was actually really good! I liked the message and thought it was super cute!! One of my BFFs went to the same movie and I saw her and her friend after the movie. Ha! Small world.

On Saturday I got up and ready to go to my cousin's birthday party, but we kind of missed it. We were running late, which is not a surprise, really. My grandma and a family friend did come and talk to me while we sat outside the party. Haha!

Mom and I did a little shopping and she got me ice cream! Yum!! After the errands, We went home and I left to go see my seester.

We hung out and played Little Big Planet. It reminded me of old days and made me feel pretty amazingly normal. I loved it!! She rearranged so I could more easily get around her apartment. After we played, we saw Pain and Gain while we ate and drank. It was funny, until it got really serious. I'm not sure I liked it. It's also based on a true story which is scary and kind of sad in an ironic way. Ha! Afterwards I got a cool ranch taco- my first one. When I first tried the nacho cheese taco, I said they should make a cool ranch one; just like the commercial!! Ha! It was very tasty!

On Sunday we all got up and went to church. It was a good sermon and some people returned that haven't been in a while. It was so nice to see them!!

After church, we went to Spring Creek for lunch. It was soooooo scrumptious! I love BBQ!! We headed home and I got ready for Youth. A friend came to get me because Mom's car was in the shop and Dad was golfing.

We had a great time at Youth!! We talked about friendship and I used Mean Girls for examples. Ha! It was awesome!! We also played a few games. The kids played duck-duck-goose and I thought it was too boring, so I had them quack and flap their "wings" while they were being chased. It was amazing!!! Don't worry, I recorded it. Hilarity.

When I got home, Mom and I made dinner. We had some spinach and artichoke grilled cheese (http://joythebaker.com/2013/04/spinach-and-artichoke-grilled-cheese-sandwich/) and a salad (http://www.ivillage.com/white-house-salad-biggest-loser/3-r-319466). Delish!! I really liked them both! We watched some Nikita while we ate, then I went to bed.

No major insightfulness tonight, sorry. I'm just working through everything day by day. The kitchen is small and reminds me that I'm not 100%. I love to cook and bake and can't really do it so well right now. I'll get there, I know, but the waiting sucks.

And that's life...














No comments:

Post a Comment