Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Monday and Tuesday

On Monday I got up and got ready to go to lunch with a dear friend of mine. She got here, loaded me in, and we were off! We decided on sushi which was a GREAT choice!! You're not going to believe this, but I actually remembered to get a picture with her!! Haha! We talked of our lives, her recent blogging conference, and all sorts of things. I had so much fun!! She dropped me off at home and I took a little nap until Dad got home.

I got a phone call from my leg guy that he wanted to come get my leg to make it final! So I put my leg on and he stopped by and we chatted a bit. He told me about my leg, what I should look for when I start using it more, and what he would change. He's a hoot! He took my leg and fabric with him to be returned later this week.

After he left, Dad and I read our books until Mom came home and made us dinner. Then, Mom and I watched some Whitney while Dad "read" (aka slept). I took a shower and headed to bed.

Tuesday morning I got up and got ready for a dietician appointment. A friend came and got me and took me to said appointment. So we talked the whole way there and back, of course. The dietician didn't really tell me anything I didn't know... Portion control and variety are key. She asked a lot of questions about my nutrition which apparently isn't really that bad.

After the dietician, which I have to see 2 more times, we went to the Magnolia Cheese Co. for lunch. They have cheese, duh, that is mostly local. We got a "plank" which is a sampler of 5 different cheeses, some sauces, roasted grapes, mangoes, and plum, San Saba pecans, honey comb, and fig jelly with candied citrus peel. We also got bread to try the cheese on. I liked one so much I bought some to take home!! Random, but the bathroom was so cute and the whole establishment was wheelchair accessible and shabby chic. It was delicious!!

It started raining on the way home. So when I got home, I took a short nap then read until Dad got there. When Dad did get home, we went to his eye appointment. That place is not really wheelchair accessible... Ugh. We made it work, though. After TWO AND A HALF flippin' HOURS, we headed home and watched the Rangers play. We decided to run and get Whataburger for dinner and left my wheelchair at the house. Haha! That always cracks me up.

When we got home, we finished the game and went to bed. What a great day!

And that's life...











No comments:

Post a Comment