Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday was fairly uneventful. I read while it rained outside all day. Then got up and ready for Youth. I enjoyed some good conversation with my kids as we didn't have an actual lesson. It was great!!

Mom worked late, so I treated Dad and I to some Whataburger- yummy!! We watched the Rangers and read the rest of the night. As I LOVE reading, it was a pretty awesome day!

Thursday I got up and my prosthetist came to check on my leg. She shortened it, changed out the releasing lever and pins, gave me anti-perspirant, and trimmed my liner. It is amazing how great it feels today!! Also, I think Dad and I have figured out that I don't always put my liner on straight. If the pin is not straight down when my stump is, then it's almost impossible to get the leg on. This has been very helpful insight.

I made a sopapilla cheesecake for my PT (ok, and me) today. She gave up sweets for Lent and I had one about the time it began; I told her I would make her one once Lent was over. So today I brought her and her assistant some!

When I went to PT today, my brace guy met with me early. He fixed my brace so maybe it won't hurt me so much. I've apparently lost weight in my arm, which is a good thing! During actual PT, she had me put my weight on my right leg and touch a foam pad on the floor with my left foot. Very challenging, but I eventually got the hang of it!! Then, she had me stand on a foam pad with my left leg forcing me to bear weight on my right leg. It was a long session, but I think I'm gaining trust.

Afterwards, Mom and I went to Red Lobster for dinner and then to Albertson's for some grocery shopping. Seeing as I was wearing Bermuda shorts/capris and everyone could see my leg, I'm proud of myself!! When we got home, we watched some TV, I read, then went to bed.

And that's life...

P.S. My hair looks amazing thanks to the TLC my BFF gave it the other day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment