Thursday, April 18, 2013

Midweek

I got up on Wednesday and Mom called and asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with her... Dumb question. Yes!! So she came and got me and took me to lunch. We ate at Babe's and I had the all vegetable plate- see how healthy I am? Haha!! I'm sure those veggies are super good for you...

After lunch she took me to work with her and I read. We did this for a while until it was time to go. We went home only to realize that the Internet is still out (we will get a new modem on Monday)... So she couldn't do any work or play on the computer. I tried to turn the TV on, but it wouldn't pick up the signal. That's no bueno.

Dad came and took me to Youth. We made some doves for the kids to wave around (like on Palm Sunday) on Pentecost Sunday. It's a pretty cool idea!! I got to talk to the kids while they worked.

When we got home, Dad magically fixed the TV. We don't really know how. So we were saved!! We watched some TV then I went to bed and read.

Thursday morning I woke up only to realize the electricity was out. Are you kidding?! No Internet, TV, or electricity? Wow. So I went back to bed. When I woke up, the electricity was back on. I could NOT live in "the olden days". I think I would not make it... I got up and read until Dad came and got me.

I went with him for his weekly golf scramble. Mom left for San Antonio this morning for a conference and I didn't want to stay at home, by myself, allllllll day. So I went with him. We had to drive about an hour and a half and drove through my accident site. We spent the whole time there and back singing (fairly bad most of the time) to our favorite songs.

I rode in the cart and talked to Dad's golfing buddy. He got me popcorn and we talked about my recovery, the playing (or lack thereof) of golf, and church. It was very pleasant, although cold!!!

We ate at Chili's for dinner when the golfing was over. It was blessedly warm at the restaurant. After all the wind and cold, I was ready to be warm. Haha!

When we got home, Dad and I both went to bed to read.

P.S. Enjoy my fun golf pictures!! Dad rode on the back of the cart sometimes... Ha! The sun was so pretty. I'm always amazed what great pictures my phone takes!

And that's life...













No comments:

Post a Comment