Sunday, May 12, 2013

Another fabulous weekend!

On Friday I spent another half day in lockdown and a half day in a classroom. It was interesting. I got a lot of reading done in lockdown and basically just watched the kids in the classroom. 

After school Dad and I got Mom's Mother's Day gift; a new bathroom vanity, mirror, and light. I helped pick them out and supervised while Dad installed them. It looks amazing! She loves it!! It was also about the second time I've been in my parents' bedroom since before the accident. Yay!! 

After it was mostly installed, one of my BFFs came and got me to go to another friend of ours house. It was pouring, but she promised to drive carefully- she totally kept her word. It stopped raining about 5 minutes after we left so we felt we made a good decision. We went to my other BFFs house and I used only my walker the whole time. I walked up (and down) about 10 steps and then used my walker the rest of the night. It was awesome!! We had such a GREAT time! She made us cookies, cheese sticks, daiquiris, and bought me Cheese Its. I had an excellent time!!! We played Apples to Apples while we were there, which was so much fun! 

On Saturday, Dad and I got up and went to a gun show. We have learned that we need to know more about guns before going to a show. Haha! Needless to say, I did not get a gun... Yet. 

After the show, we went to Sister's apartment. It was the first time I went without my wheelchair even in the car. Whoop!! They made the most delicious lasagna and Italian cream cake for us. It was SO scrumptious! We raved about it the WHOLE way home. Ha! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4scmIILrfyM&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=088-Nl3k7Ow&sns=em

On the way home we stopped by a Redbox and got The Perks of Being A Wallflower. We watched it and were NOT impressed. It was scattered and confusing. It really just kind of wasted our time. So many people raved about how good it was, but I don't understand why. 

On Sunday Mom wanted to stay home and relax, so we did. We just relaxed most of the day. Dad and I did leave for a bit to go to Home Depot and Albertson's to get some stuff for the mower and dinner. Mom made us ravioli (before we had a chance to make her anything) in the crockpot. It was soooo good! 

We watched some Arrow and then Dad and I finally planted our flowers. I was out in nature and got my hands dirty and everything! It was a lovely evening. 

I had a wonderful and full weekend!!! 

And that's life...










No comments:

Post a Comment