Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 62- Zzzzzz

I needed this when I found it. Weird how that happens...
Today was a day of rest. Except for when I wasn't resting, like during PT. Ha! I am still in quite a bit of pain. It's not managed yet. I have a burning pain where he pulled out the screws to take out my plate and an aching pain where he put in the pins. However, I spent most of the day sleeping. That was really nice. I think I will have my tibia and talus fused which will limit the up and down motion of my foot and ankle; think pushing on the gas pedal. This scares me, but again, one day at a time. I will have a wound vac change some time this weekend. My parents anniversary is tomorrow and they are going out for dinner; they deserve it.

Since this is a short one, I am going to talk about my great nursing staff and such. I have had such great luck with getting some of the best and most passionate nurses, techs, surgeons, anesthesiologists, and PTs. Now, there are some I don't care for, but for the most part I have loved the staff that is taking care of me. Really, good care makes all of the difference. They make you feel welcomed and at home. They make you feel like it's going to be ok. I joke and try to be nice to anyone taking care of me. I say "please" and "thank you" and just try to be nice. I figure they have people who are mean to them all day; I can be their ray of sunshine like they are mine.This has worked in my favor a couple of times. For instance, I was put in a teeny, tiny room this time and got moved because a nurse remembered me and I told her I would like a bigger room; she made it happen. We actually moved while mom was out of the room. It was hilarious!! Anyways, there is a lesson in all of this; do unto others as you want them to do unto you and they just might. You never know who you're impacting; so be the best you you can be at all times. This is my shout out to the awesome people who are taking care of me!! Love you guys!

I had some great visitors come by today! I really appreciate all the visits. They help break up my day and allow me to feel a little normalcy in my crazy hectic life.


No comments:

Post a Comment