Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 67

Today was a pretty good day. I kicked butt in PT. I MIGHT get my ex-fix on my arm off this week (I demanded it from my doctor... Ha!). He also opened up my elbow a little bit more. It was awesome! My dear friend stopped by, brought me some amazingly delicious food, and told me people actually read these ramblings of my mind. Let me just say, I am so incredibly flattered. I also got offered an opportunity to help some people out from my current position, via a hilarious email exchange. I'm super excited about it!! So I might have the big bad muscle flap surgery tomorrow or Saturday. Again, hurry up and wait.

Romans 5:3-5
3 Not only so, but we[a] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
My friend told me to read these verses and I just want to comment my thoughts. I thought I had enough character, but God clearly disagreed. Hahaha!! However, I agree that perseverance produces hope. Some days hope is all I have and that;s because I try my hardest to persevere. I am constantly reminded of God's love and its outpouring on me through different people and moments.

Random tangent: I have a different sort of bed. It is kind of an air mattress. Someone has to deflate the seat (under your bottom) for me to get in and out of the bed. Also, it breathes. When I move it adjusts itself and lets out/gathers air when needed; it sounds like it;s breathing. Odd...
P.S. When I have the muscle flap surgery, I will be in ICU for 48-72 hours. I may or may not be able to blog. I'll try to get one of my parentals to keep y'all updated.

P.S.S. This is a short post when I thought it would be so long. Hahaha!

And that's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment