Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 76- NPO at midnight


Day 2: Today I am thankful for my family; especially my parents who hate that they can't just kiss it and make it better anymore. They would do anything for me and I would do anything for them. They have created me and taught me how to live and love. My heart and soul are a product of their love and support throughout the years. They're always there, ready to help me get back up or give me a dose of reality. Thank you, mom and dad!! I love you both so much!!

I've had quite a few doctors come by today; it's looking like I'm having the BIG, BAD surgery tomorrow for sure. The big 1-8. It's been a loooooong time coming. This is a 4-18 hour surgery. Basically my plastic surgeon will transplant a muscle from my left thigh to the hole in my right ankle. This is a serious surgery because my surgeon has to connect each small blood vessel, capillary, and what not. However, if this fails, I have one more chance with a stomach or back muscle, and then I will lose my lower leg; as in it will be amputated. I need prayers that this will not happen and my muscle flap will take. I don't think I'm strong enough to be an amputee. I just hope it takes and God had me wait so it will take.

Ex-fix before the surgery.
My PT brought a student observer to watch our session this afternoon. Ha! She said she wanted the student to see her "Rockstar"; that's me!! I did two loops around the nurses station non-stop in like 5 minutes and some seconds. Well done, me!

My mentor teacher came to see me today! Her ADDness mixed with mine kept my mind off any impending doom I was feeling. I just love her!! Our personalities really click. Her visit brightened my day. My grandparents also came to visit me. We talked mostly about hoarders (there was a marathon on) and about my being in the hospital. I need to be out by Thanksgiving I'm told.

When I was in the ER, I thought, "Oh, a broken arm and leg, I'll be out for 6 weeks and be back to myself." How naive was I?! I never thought I would be in the hospital over 76 days. I never thought I would miss Halloween, Lord's Acre, anything. Yet, here I am missing what seems like so much. I know it's not, but it feels like it.

All kinds of thoughts and prayers will be especially appreciated tomorrow. Thank you for all you have done so far! I will reach way deep down into my soul, pull out my doubt, give it to God, and get my brave face and self out for tomorrow.

And that's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment