Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 75- Procedure #17

Day 1: I am thankful for my life, even if it's not what I planned. :)


At 12:45 am last night I was told I am NPO and would have surgery tomorrow. Apparently my plastic surgeon is better because he did my wound vac change today; not like I saw him, but still. I've heard whisperings, because I'm cool like that, that there will possibly be a muscle flap surgery for a certain hospital resident (me) on Saturday. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but we shall see.

My granny brought my family dinner tonight. It was so good to see her! She said Halloween wasn't the same without my sister and me. We usually all go to my aunt's house to pass out candy and trick or treat. We all get dressed up in some way or another. It's so fun!! Next year...

A dear friend of mine is walking the The 3 Day this weekend. I am so excited for her and proud of her!! I have been praying for her and all the other participants for strength and a cure. I can't wait to hear all about it!!

I can't believe it's November 1. I never thought I would still be in the hospital. Of course I didn't think I would be in the hospital at all, but especially not this long. I'm amazed. I can't believe I've come so far. I used to sweat and huff and puff just to get IN a wheel chair; now I can transfer after bed exercises and make one or two rounds around the nurses station. It's so cool! It's not always easy, though. Sometimes I forget about those first days and surgeries. When I look back, I just don't believe I've come so far.

I hope I can say that next year at this time. I think I really want to walk The 3 Day next year. I think it's for a great cause and I think I can do it. I'm going to pray about it.

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers!!

And that's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment