Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 83

Some inspiration from Mama Laughlin- Life isn't fair. Injuries happen. It doesn't make you less awesome. You've already accomplished so much. There will always been another race. Take care of yourself first. Run if you can. Walk if you need. Crawl if you must. JUST KEEP GOING.

Day 9: I am thankful for laughter and joy; without it we would always be sad.

Today was tough. I'm feeling the strain of exhaustion. I was so independent and now I'm so dependent. This is bad because I can't go home until I'm semi-independent. My doctor (ortho) told me I could go home tomorrow. Although I'm excited about the prospect, I don't feel like I'm ready. I don't feel independent enough... yet. When I go home, no one will be there all day with me. I do believe our neighbor, who's a stay at home mom, said she would be willing to check on me. The home situation the first time was less than perfect. We just weren't ready for a handicap person to come home.I hope this next time will be better.

I got my brace today!! It's weird to see my arm. My ortho has it set to just move towards me and go out to bent. Does that make sense? Anyways, my arm was all gross so we had to scrub it down before we put the brace on.

As far out as I can go.


Mom just got a cot brought in. That thing is creeky! We'll see how the night goes... It's ridiculously loud and I know she moves A LOT!!

My muscle flap seems to be doing what it's supposed to be doing. We still have a pulse. I should be able to put it down tomorrow which will make transferring waaaaay easier!

My friend came to see me today and brought me Panera Bread- they have the BEST mac-n-cheese! We also did a mini class about small churches. It was awesome!! Of course she brought me a cookie.  My associate pastor also came to visit me. It was a good visit.



I have been fighting a headache for days.

Sorry it's so short.

And that's life...


No comments:

Post a Comment