Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 82

Day 8: I am thankful for my church family and all the others who pray for me.

Scars remind us where we've been, they don't have to dictate where we're going.I heard this today and think it's a good way to look at my situation.

Today we celebrated my sisters birthday. Our friend stopped by and brought me True Blood!! Woot! We had a cookie cake because my sister doesn't like cake. It was scrumptious! Also, two lovely ladies from church brought us dinner and conversation. My beautiful aunt stopped by just in time for my plastic surgeon to show up and hurt me (pull the drain tube from my muscle flap). She was such a God send.

I've noticed in times past, but definitely in times recent, that God sends me who I need or what I need to hear or see at just the right times. I guess it does all happen in His time. When will I learn this and give up my charade of controlling my life?

My ortho doctor came in today and said when I get my brace, I can use my elbow to platform! Yaaaaaay!! My plastic surgeon seems to think I should be able to go home soon. I'm going to let y'all be happy for me while I continue "not to care". I still have a pulse in my ankle! In a couple of days I'll be able to "dangle" or leave down for a few minutes. Saturday is day 7 and I should be in the green with my flap. My infectious disease doctor thinks I'm almost done with my antibiotics. That's also amazing news!  However, I'm trying not to get too happy. I can also potty now if I keep my leg up thanks to my awesome PT!!

I had a bit of a meltdown today, but my amazing family helped me through it. I need to forgive this poor girl and stop wishing for things that won't/can't happen. I'm working on it; right now I'm going to work on some sleep!

And that's life...


No comments:

Post a Comment