Sunday, November 18, 2012

Day 92- HUGS!!

Day 18: I am thankful for hugs. I hugged my dad with both arms tonight for the first time in over 3 months.
I finally got some sleep last night. I had my hyperbaric treatment today and watched part of the Dark Knight. My friend came to visit today and brought me some goodies! She's so sweet; I love her!! My mommy brought me Lucky Charms today. That's good enough in and of itself, but I asked my nurse for a bowl. milk. and spoon and she sent in my tech with all of that!! It was great; he didn't understand why we were laughing. Be careful what you ask for I guess. Ha! 

My plastics doctor actually stopped by today!! I didn't realize it was that cold outside... He said we will have exploratory surgery either tomorrow (doubtful) or Tuesday (more likely). He will "shave off" layers of the muscle flap to find the viable tissue (I refuse to think he won't find viable stuff). He will then have me on a wound vac for a few days, do another skin graft (OUCH) and then a couple days here with the wound vac. After that he will possibly send me home... Still not getting my hopes up.

He also said that I might have a hyperphilia disorder; I clot too much. I'm not sure that's the case, but that's what he said. He also said if he knew this before he probably wouldn't have done the surgery. I'm glad we didn't know. I think they sent my blood to the Mayo clinic for testing. If it is negative we will have it tested again, if it's positive it's for sure. I might have it tested again in a year. My wreck threw off my blood with the trauma and transfusions, so I'll check it again.

That's where we are. I'm going to eat my Lucky Charms now.

And that's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment