Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 173

Today I stayed home and read so that I could be there when they delivered my NEW WHEELCHAIR!!! Woohoo! Man, it is NICE, too! I already love it. Dad looked at the invoice and oh my goodness are wheelchairs expensive! Holy cow!! Good thing insurance is taking over and that's it's maxed out. That worked out well.

I had Mom come get me after school because she was working a basketball game (the last one of the year) and Dad was working the concession stand at his school. I was tired of being home by then and wanted to get out of the house. So she came and got me and I helped her take money for the tickets. She loves how easy my wheelchair is to lift and disassemble to put into the car.

When we got home, she wasn't feeling very well, so Dad and I went to Chili's for dinner. Yum yum!! We split 2 appetizers. He also LOVED how easy the chair moved and how light it was. This will seriously help with loading and unloading.

I LOVE my chair because I can feel a difference when I use it. However, it is wider and we're going to have to do something about the door jambs... I'm thinking mission project for my Youth maybe. Ha! Not really, but we will have to widen a doorway and my bedroom door. Ugh.

I painted my own toes for the first time since before the accident today!! I'm proud of myself because I can reach them again. I had Mom and Sister paint them a couple of times in the hospital, but haven't done them myself since last August.

I was a good girl and stretched out my elbow and iced my knees today. Yeah, I'm getting better.

And that's life...





No comments:

Post a Comment