Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend Retreat

This weekend I went on a retreat with my Youth in the city that my wreck happened. I'll start with Friday.

Friday morning I got up and packed my bag. I did it all by myself!! I read and watched Netflix (Being Human) most of the day. After school, it was time for us to leave the church for the retreat. This was a little chaotic because I had to send Mom in my place until I could get there. "Why?" you ask. My ortho made a house call to change my wound vac!! Haha! I guess I really am his favorite patient. He said he doesn't do house calls, but he did for me. Crazy. Anyways, I talked to him about doing wound care and he said he would let me for a couple of weeks to see what we could accomplish. Yay! No skin graft, yet, and hopefully I won't have to have one. We shall see...

I got to the retreat just in time for bed. Ha! Great timing... Now, this is the first time I've been without my parents (over night and in another place) since the accident. This is also the first time I've been by my accident site. I didn't freak out or anything... I also didn't sleep that well because I was anxious about how everything would work and getting to the bathroom in the middle of the night and stuff like that. I did fine, though.

Saturday morning my good friend and I went to breakfast and had a fairly normal day. I wheeled myself around A LOT!! I never realized how much other people push my wheelchair... Haha! I slept like a rock Saturday night!! I could have used a few more hours, however. It turned out I knew a ton of people at the retreat and might have found a center director to shadow for mission trip!! Sweet! There was a talent show and 2 of my youth showed off their talents (the other one showed me and her mom her talent of Tae Kwon Do in the cabin before the show). I have very talented youth!! I'm so proud of them! We had lunch, dinner, small group time, and free time. I was excited I got to do so much!!

Sunday morning we packed the car up and had breakfast. We then attended small group (I was in an all adult one so we talked about fundraising and youth stuff). Very cool! We had a beautiful worship service to finish out the weekend and headed home. I didn't even freak out when someone else (a wonderful friend) drove me through my accident site. Ha! Go me!!

Dad took me to lunch after all the children were picked up or dropped off. We split fajitas at On The Border. Yum! When I got home, I worked on some youth stuff then took a nap. When I woke up (a bit grumpy- no lie) I headed to Youth for our regular youth. We worked on our Sunrise Service and I got to talk to my good friend. When I got home, we watched some shows (to decompress)- The Americans and Elementary. I'm writing this and am going to bed!! I'm so exhausted, but thrilled I spent the weekend amongst friends and youth and did a great job!! The weekend was a success for me as well as the retreat! I am so blessed.

And that's my semi-famous life! Ha!















No comments:

Post a Comment