Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 182

Today I slept in and then got ready for the day. I convinced Dad we needed to eat after reading in bed for a while. We decided (finally) to eat at Smash Burger. Yum!!! The food was great, but the restaurant is tiny! Seriously. We had to maneuver chairs and people just to get through and by.

When we got home, we both read some more until I left to go pick up one of my youth and Mom for a movie. That's right, I drove MYSELF somewhere!!! Woohoo! First time since the wreck. I'm a little proud. I didn't freak out or anything, just drove to pick them up. I was a little impressed, I guess. I think I thought I would have a breakdown or something, but no such thing happened.

So, the movie... We saw Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters. I thought I was GREAT!! It wasn't scary and had an awesome story line. I am loving that they are redoing all of the "classics", some like they're actually written and others with a whole new twist! Love it. Anyways, I highly recommend this one!! I took one of my youth (with parental permission) to see the movie because she wanted to see it. Also, I used to babysit her when she was 4... Ugh. She's 17. This is the brilliant girl who said that Valentine's is stupid because you should show your love all year round. We had fun, and the guy was SO cute! Right, girl? Haha!

After the movie, we came home and read until Mom made dinner with her new tortilla shell baker! It was delicious!! We brainstormed other things we could make... Like dessert type things. Ha! Yum!

Next, I worked on the finishing touches for our sunrise service for the Youth that will take place in a few short weeks. Then went to bed.

And that's life...

P.S. Random: I play Draw Something and drew this one for Dad. He thought it was blog-worthy, so here it is!









No comments:

Post a Comment