Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 107- A day of WORK

Remember. Remember. Remember.
Today I worked SUPER hard in PT and OT. Not only for me so I'll get stronger, but because assessment day is tomorrow and I hope they will release me. I'm real nervous about assessment tomorrow, but Mommy is going to be here. I think I get to go to the meeting, too. That will help me feel more at ease.

Today, and sometimes everyday, I have moments of intense anger at my situation. I feel like I shouldn't even have to be doing therapy. I shouldn't have had to fight just to lose my foot. I shouldn't have to put my life on hold to get better. However, then I remember this is real life and I have to just suck it up and deal.

My grandparents stopped by and sat with me while I did OT, PT, and ate lunch in the cafeteria. Then my grandma and I played with Furby. They watched me make a wreath out of beads for some "non-excercise" after 15 minutes on the arm bike. Then we went outside to the therapy courtyard and I practiced using the ramp; I have a blister on my thumb from it. It was difficult to go up the ramp. It looked so small, but it was a lie. It was such hard work!! Heading down the hill was much easier and I did it perfectly the first time! Woot!

Daddy and I took a walk after Mommy brought us dinner (BWW YUM!!). We talked about how there might be things I need to learn here. He said I needed to at least wait until tomorrow and see what they say. He's worried we're going to get home and not be able to do something or know something because I didn't stay. My goals for PT are standing and wheel chair mobility which I can practice at home and outpatient PT. Anyways, I'm just nervous about tomorrow so I'm just going to go to bed.

Thank you again for reading. I never expected to reach so many wonderful people through my ramblings. So thank you.

And that's life...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment