Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 112- HOME!!!

Today I woke up knowing I would sleep in my OWN bed tonight. We woke up, my surgeon came to change my dressing, I showered, and then we waited. And waited. And waited. After breakfast and meds, we waited some more. Mom and Dad packed up the room into the cars. Then... my nurse brought in my discharge papers and we left!!

Daddy took me home. The whole way we were like giddy school girls. Ha! We could NOT have been happier to be ON THE ROAD HOME!!! We stopped by Walgreens to get my antibiotics, as well as Taco Bell. Then, we went HOME! My sister met me at the car door and wheeled me into the living room where she had some treats set up and Christmas carols playing. Then we wheeled to my bedroom. I laid in my own bed and just hung out awhile.
Sister getting a running start to get me over the ramps and into the house.

The treats- peppered turkey, no bake cookies, popcorn, and pecans.

Laying on MY bed!!

Next, we went to Wal-mart to get a few things, dropped Mom off, then went to HEB. When the three of us got home, my sister left and Mom, Dad, and I went to look at a couch set. After that we went to a real restaurant and sat at a real table and ate a real meal together!! It was awesome! We went home, Dad took the hospital bed apart, and we watched some Burn Notice while I bundled up in the recliner. I may pay for this tomorrow, but CARPE DIEM!! However, right not I'm going to carpe the night!
All bundled up.

And that's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment