Saturday, December 29, 2012

Day 133

This morning *cough*afternoon*cough* I got up and took a shower ALL BY MYSELF!! I wheeled to the door, transferred to the chair, transferred to the shower bench, showered, transferred back to the chair, brushed my teeth (in the bathroom sink!!!), combed my hair, and transferred back to my wheelchair! Woohoo!!! So I got ready, ate lunch, and then Mom and I went to the movies.

We saw Les Miserables. I thought it was wonderful!! Now, I haven't read the book, but the movie was great! I loved the music, although singing EVERY word was a bit much. Talk about taking musical to a whole new level! Wow. Anyways, I liked the story and thought the historical aspect of it was fairly accurate and good.

Then, I met one of my BFFs for dinner! I haven't seen her in a while, so we had a LOT to catch up on. I really miss seeing all of my friends whenever they/I want. However, it was nice to catch up and hang out with my friend. I love her!!!

After that, Daddy and I (he met Mom for dinner while I ate with my friend) went to Wal-mart. I was looking for a new water bottle. If you know me personally, you know I LOOOOOOOVE my water. I'm picky about the taste, and drink about 96 ounces (give or take) a day. My water bottle (a cheap one) decided to start leaking. So I thought it was time for a new one. I get a new one about every six months and ONLY drink water out of it. I bought TWO new water bottles which I hope will last me a while. If not, I'm going to get serious an buy like a big Camelbak with that bite valve or something. Ha!

I also got some new shampoo/conditioner combo and a bottle of dry shampoo. Since the hospital stay, my hair is so oily. It looks like I haven't washed it in days when I just washed it. I don't like it one bit. So I bought a new shampoo/conditioner combo to try to even out the oil a little. That's the same reason I got the dry shampoo. It will hopefully dull the oil so I can still look cute. Haha! We shall see if this works...

Today it hit me that I almost died. I know it seems a bit late, but it happens when it happens. My life didn't pass before my eyes that I recall, but I truly am blessed to be alive and as well as I am. My God saved me. My car saved me. My seatbelt saved me. I'm thankful for my life even if it doesn't always sound that way.

Last night's workout went well. It was looooong, but worth it. I love my Daddy!! He's my biggest fan and is turning out to be quite the drill sergeant. He helps me with all of my workouts. He is the BEST!!!

So now we are watching TV, I'll work out, and Sister is coming over. Yay!!

And that's my amazing life...

No comments:

Post a Comment