Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 128- Christmas Eve

So today was jam-packed and full of fun!! Side note: my fantasy football team won the championship with me being in 7th of 8 places- I have the BEST manager, my Dad!!!

I woke up and Daddy helped me make a cake (Lethal Peppermint Chocolate Cake from the Cake Doctor Book). It was a process, but it allowed me to have LOTS of OT and use some serious patience (I spelled it right this time!! Haha!). We had to make ganache, the cake, and a peppermint buttercream, so it was quite the process. While the cake was cooling, I took a shower and got ready for our Christmas Eve activities. Then, I iced the cake and we were off!!

We went to my aunt's house and enjoyed some appetizery (yeah, that's a word) foods. I brought the stuff to make wassail and Mom made it. Can you say YUM?! It was so good (and I don't even like hot drinks)! We opened presents and I got a table top vanity mirror; I have one, but the stand broke and I have to hold it- try holding a mirror AND doing your hair. It's difficult. I also got Apples to Apples (YAY) and a Visa gift card! I am so thankful. I got a bear from my great aunt as a "get well" present. It was HUGE!! My sister was being so goofy playing with it. I'd post the video, but I want to live. Ha! The pictures, however, will be below.

I feel so blessed to have a family that loves me. My aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents (talked to both sets today) love me soooo much!! I could just burst with all of their love and the love I feel for them. I still maintain that I am the most blessed and the luckiest girl alive! I love my family!

To end the night, Dad and I went to the Christmas Eve candlelight service at my church. It was a really nice service. "It is well with my soul." I felt called to go to, and I did. I really enjoyed the service and apparently needed it.

And that's life...

P. S. Daddy read me "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" as per our tradition. I told you he is the best dad EVER!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment