Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 124

This morning I slept in because I had to wait for my walker to arrive. So I slept until about 9:30, then got up and got ready. I wrapped a Christmas present and waited. Finally the delivery guy calls and delivers my walker. He fits it to me and we sign all of the paperwork. About halfway through the delivery Mom came home. She took me to her school (it's so stinkin' cold outside!!!) and I shredded some more papers. I did finish her whole stack, though!! She took me to see a couple of teachers and then we were off to the talent show!!! Some of those kids are so impressive! I heard some new music and downloaded it. The teachers danced to "Call Me Maybe" (don't worry, I took a video but no pictures); I can't wait to be one of those teachers!!!

After "work" we went shopping! I got part of someone's Christmas gift and some other stuff we needed. We went to quite a few stores. Mom got tired from loading and unloading my wheelchair a thousand times. Ha! She kept saying she needs to start working out and I kept telling her she was. I'm so helpful. Haha!

After shopping we met Dad for dinner. I went home with him. Then we made the brownies for tomorrow's 7th period class. It was a little sad because I couldn't do it by myself. I miss my independence. I had to have Daddy help quite a bit. It's not that I don't like or accept help (ok, I don't accept it that well), but I want to be able to do it. I want to be able to do anything and everything, and right now I can't. Dad says I am doing a lot more than most people could or would do; I'm not most people and I want to be 100% now. He also said I needed patience, but I seem to have run out of those. I had so much for so long; I just can't wait any longer. I mean I know I have to, but it sucks. Ugh. I think I'll finish my night by watching some TV to get my mind off of everything.

And that's life...


No comments:

Post a Comment