Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 127

We made it to church this morning, AND we were even early!! I got to visit with my youth children and other people. It was really nice. I am so proud of all of my youth and who they are.

We went home and ate some lunch after church, then Mom and I headed out to do some shopping. We met up with my sister, who consequently loaded and unloaded me every time and pushed me in most of the stores. Ha! At one of our stops, she leaned against a broken window on Mom's car and made all of the glass fall out of it. Hahahahahaha!! We were laughing so hard! Mom had tape IN THE CAR to fix the window; which was even more hilarious!! It was great. At every stop she had to fix her mirror, too! Hysterical!! We ate dinner, dropped my sister off, then did some more shopping.

It got so cold by the time we headed home! I was supposed to bake a cake tonight, but I guess I'll just put that off for tomorrow's activities.

I'm going to take a minute to tell you all how grateful I am for my family. My parents are the best there are. They spent countless hours, dollars, tears, and love for me over the years, but especially lately. They stopped their lives to deal with my wreck and me. Mom stayed every night (except for the weekends, then Dad stayed) with me in whatever room and whatever uncomfortable chair/bed there was. Dad came every night to visit me, driving 30 plus minutes there and back (putting a TON of miles on his new car). Both of them have loaded and unloaded my wheelchair so that I can be active and do things. We aren't even completely out of the woods yet because we still have lots of PT, OT, and appointments to go to. I can't express in words how appreciative I am and what that means to me; so let me sing a song- kidding. I just love and adore my parents, even if we don't always get along. My sister is near and dear to my heart, too. She makes me laugh and laughs at my jokes. We have a special relationship and an unbreakable bond (although it's been tested). I am the luckiest and most blessed girl in the world with the family I have!!

And that's life...








No comments:

Post a Comment