Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 151

**I DROVE ALL DAY TODAY!!! To and from the doctor (45 minutes away), around town, other errands, to PT, and to church. GO ME!!)**

This morning I went to see my ortho! He gave me bad news, but also made my WEEK!!! My wound on my leg looks "better". It didn't look better to me because of what the wound vac does to it... He's the doctor, though, not me. By the way, I'm pretty sure I can't be a doctor because a) I'm not going back to school and b) my leg smelled AWFUL and I wouldn't be able to stand that... Ugh! He said it looks ready for a skin graft, though, and that I'll come in on Monday for another change and I'll come in on Tuesday for the skin graft surgery (#22). That was the bad news... Obviously. The good news is he said I don't have to wear my brace!!! I have 50 degrees of an opening; you're supposed to be at zero and it counts backwards- 30 is better than 50, etc. I am allowed to wheel myself in the wheel chair (thank God!) and pretty much have free range as long as it doesn't hurt me. Yay yay yaaaaaaay!!! Can you tell I'm excited?!

After the doctor, Mom and I ate lunch at Chimy's- a Mexican restaurant we haven't been to. It was pretty good! I had a Chimy burger on a jalapeƱo bun with pepper jack cheese and a beef fajita taco. The burger was waaaaaay better than the taco. Ha! We ran some errands, then went to Tillman's Roadhouse for dessert!! They have the cutest wood decor and use silver serving ware; also, the utensils are so heavy! Haha! We heard they have table side s'mores... Ummmmm can you say amazing?! They were so super delicious! They make their own chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows. Yuuuuummmmmmmmmyy! You get a strawberry, maple, and orange marshmallow to roast over a little fire. The pics are below.

Next, we went home and I took a quick nap. Then, we were off to see Mommy's doctor. She went to see a podiatrist which was hilarious because they assumed I was the patient!! I guess I look more like one... Hahahahaha!! So I asked the nurse if I could get an appointment for half price- she just shook her head and laughed. She thought it was good I could joke about it. I asked her what else would I do- it's me. Duh.

Then it was on to PT. We did mostly elbow stuff because I finally can!! We started out with a measurement- 50 degrees, same as the doctor. She made me work it out a bit and then she massaged it. She measured it at the end and it was 42 degrees!! I got back 8 degrees in PT today! Woohoo!!! I did the arm bike for about 6 minutes and then left.

After that, I went to church to hang out with my dear, sweet youth children. I am really enjoying being back and able to see them! It's just fabulous!! My two amazing teachers were there again tonight while we decorated (ok, I sat and gave advice/beat children) for a program on Sunday. It all came together in the end.

I headed home when it was over, we ate, and watched TV. We lead exciting lives after work... Haha!

And that's my super duper life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment