Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 152

Today I slept in and Mom came to get me around lunch time. We ate lunch, then headed to see the guy about my shrinker for my leg. He said it actually looks like my leg is the right shape and that the shrinker could actually cause more damage than good. So we decided not to use one for now.

I also went to a bariatric doctor today. I have been debating about whether or not to blog about this, but figured I should since you've already come this far on my journey. So here it is: I am considering weight loss surgery so I have a better chance at walking with my prosthetic. I am looking at the gastric sleeve for right now. I learned today that I will have to attend 3 months of dietitians, psychologists, and a sleep study. Oh boy! Haha!! So I will jump through the hoops so my insurance will pay for it (since it's already maxed out).

After the appointments, I went to work a basketball game with Mom. Really, I just sat there and entertained her while she took tickets. Oh, and I stretched out my arm. Yep, I'm pretty much awesome!!

We picked up some Papa Murphy's on the way home. This was the first time we tried it and I have to say it was very delicious! They basically make your pizza and you take it home and bake it. Weird concept, but totally worth it!! After we ate, we watched The Walking Dead. Pizza and zombies? Heck yes!!!

Enjoy some funny pics, please.

And that's life...












No comments:

Post a Comment