Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 163

Today my grandma and grandpa (the one who made Peggy) came to visit!!! Yay! I haven't seen them since graduation last year because they live about 11-12 hours away. They're going to stay a few days with us.

I spent all day in bed... Duh. When Dad came home, he moved me to the living room so that I could be in there when my grandparents got here. When Mom got home- grandparents were already here- she made stuffed bell peppers with cous cous and a basil sauce (adapted from a Food Network recipe). They are my favorite!!! They were sooooo good. Also, I had leftover pot roast on a sandwich for lunch. Yeah, buddy!

I don't know if you can tell, but I'm in a terrific mood!!!

My sister and her boyfriend came over after dinner. We chatted for a while and then our grandma taught us a new game. It's called Fantan, here's how you play:

Fantan
Deck of cards and pennies for each player (bring your own), needs 4 or more players (although we ended playing with 3)
Shuffle the deck.
Pass out cards until deck is done- if each person doesn't have the same amount of cards, each player that is short a card puts a penny in the middle.
Each person antes a penny.
*suggestion* Put cards in number order in each suit. Ace is low, King is high.
The player to the dealer's left starts first. You start with a 7, if the first person doesn't have a 7, they put a penny in the pot. The game MUST start with a 7, and then you build your decks like in the picture.
The next player can play either a 6 or an 8 of the same suit. You continue building the deck up and down- if you don't have a card to play, you put a penny down for your turn. If you have a 7 and can't play another card, you HAVE to play it.
You play until someone runs out of cards building each suit up and down (from King to Ace). Each person that doesn't win the round has to put a penny in for each card they have leftover.

I really enjoyed it, although I love games!! After that, we talked some more and went to bed.

And that's life...




No comments:

Post a Comment